|Mazinger Z (missing Scrambler) ,?,Mexico, 1980's|
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Somewhere between Acapulco and Mexico city, there is the scrambler unit that was traded in for one of these big hats and a shot of tequila !
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
|Alf, ?, 1980's|
- Haaa! I kill me.
- Putting humans in charge of the earth, is the cosmic equivalence of letting Eddie Murphy direct.
- If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.
- I can see you're still one sandwich short of a picnic.
- Raining cats? You open the skylight and I'll get the relish.
- Hey, Willie. Let's throw a cat on the barbie.
- The only good cat is a stir-fried cat.
- I'm on a new diet. I can eat as much of whatever I want.
- [ALF is trying to hypnotize Lucky] You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel.
- Like my old skeelball coach used to say: "Find something you're not good at, and then don't do it."
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
|James Bond DB6, Husky, UK,1968|
|James Bond DB5, Corgi, UK, 1970's|
For queen and country... and before out favorite agent got his hands on BMW's and other German metal, his ride and the one that defines him was this... the DB5. This is one of Corgi Toys best selling toys ever, and no wonder ! It has all the gimmicks of the real one: ejectable seat, bullet screen and submachine guns in the grille. Earlier models also had tire-slasher and revolving license plates. Gama and Gilbert and lots of other toy companies got their try at the same model - some like Husky with a DB6 instead of a DB5...
All in all one of the Hall-of-Fame toys of entire generations.
|One of the original ads for the Corgi model - 1966|
And the model continues to live on... with more details but less play-value... A good example of what toy safety standarts did to kill spring loaded mechanisms...
|James Bond DB5 - Eaglemoss - China - 2006|
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
|Battle Shark, Popy, Japan, 1980's|
Anyone saw this in their childhood ? One of the first Sentai (=series with live actors) with super robots...
|Battle Fever Robot (goes inside ship)|
Popy, Japan, 1980's
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Space rifle, Fábrica de Plásticos Hercules,
These ones will require some information. Facts:
- they were found in Guimarães (Portugal).
- no markings whatsoever
- they are a copy of the famous Pyro rifle, but with slight details (3 vents instead of 5 on the barrel plain crank, no name on the painted part of the stock...)
- size is the same as Pyro
- mechanism works the same way (you turn the crank and the barrel moves in and out and in...)
So here you have it.
Thanks to the help of fellow collectors, I can tell the maker : Fábrica de Plásticos Hercules.
Here is a full description of the company and how they produced plastic molds and sold them all over the world: http://f.hypotheses.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/425/files/2009/09/tese_mestrado_nuno_gomes.pdf.
They did participate in a number of trade fairs in the USA and other countries. Maybe this is how Pyro got hold of them. For the fun factor, if they really produced the molds for the space rifle, this would mean Pyro only had a second run, which would indicate why the Pyro guns had some engravings that these guns don't have. (it doesn't seem anything was "erased" afterwards).
|Twins, how nice...|
|Barrel detail - upper parts move at turn of crank|
|Pyrotomic desintegrator rifle (red), USA,|
|Some came with white lettering ?|
|and in bronze...|
Sunday, September 1, 2013
|Astronaut, Marx, USA, 1970's|
|Aviscoupe, Ceji, Hong Kong, 1978|