Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cruisin' down Gotham

Batmobile and Batboat, Corgi Toys, Great Britain, 1970's

Maybe the toy that was sold the most in the history of the Caped Crusader is this one. It had it all: spring loaded missile tubes, saw-blade emerging from the front grille, real working suspension, and even a full sized carved Batman (?) on the bottom of the car. Take as an extra the Glastron Batboat on a trailer and Bats and Robin could go camping, fishing, ... and catching bad guys - all at the same time. Holly Roadtrip, Batman !

For the story, this is my Batmobile that my mom gave me when I went skiing for the first (and only time) in my life (with my primary school - I was 11 years old). First time away "all alone" for a week in Tirol. I found it in my luggage and kept it preciously through all these years...

No comments:

Post a Comment